Monday, January 09, 2006

The Nintendo DS : Restoring my faith in video games

A few months back, I chimed in at length about Ninentdo's new console control for the upcoming system "the Revolution". I argued (then) that the Remote Control - looking device, was one of the worst Nintendo offerings to date. I left out at the time, the Nintendo DS handheld in the console history timeline. My rational, the DS is a handheld device that follows the Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance-SP-micro in some form or another. Never quite understood the appeal of the DS... the device is large (has 2 screens) and most of the games on the system, insist on using the touch screen/stylus.

Needless to say... I was left unimpressed

That was until... I began to hear about how well some of my favorite titles were doing on the new system. So at the very last minute, I suggest to family and loved ones that the Mario Kart DS bundle would do me nicely for the holidays.

Much to my surprise, the system was delivered and I haven't put it down since.

The system is Ferrari Red and it came with a little sheet of decals/stickers. Haven't adorned any to my DS, but may do something up if it begins to look plain to me... With it, my lovely Katheryn secured me a copy of Animal Crossing to play with her and the kiddies when up in San Antonio for visits. This game has admittedly taken over my life. It's possibly twice as addictive as the Gamecube version. Just the other day I picked up an infectious puzzle game called: Meteos. Haven't had a lot of time with that title just yet, but hope to rock it out a little more this week.

What I'm looking most forward to is picking up a copy of Advance Wars DS & and new title called Electroplankton.

I have to really give credit to Nintendo... Never in my wildest dream did I think interactive games like the ones listed above could ever do well on a system like the DS. I can't wait to see what the Revolution has to offer.

.rollie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home