Sunday, July 30, 2006

HD and I

Ok... so I penned an obnoxiously long post about my Weekend and my HD TV... accidently closed my Safari browser and lost everything I typed up.

Summation : HD TV rocks ass!

There's not a ton of content out there... but I've seen a baseball game (Sox and Angels) and a few Television programs at 1080i and have nothing but glowing remarks for the picture quality.

There's not a lot HD content out there... so I recommend picking up as many HD channels as possible if you want to make it worth while.


Learned a lot about Video Game Systems and DVD players on 1080p sets. In short... PS2 games have serious Lag because of the upscale difficulties... watching a DVD on my PS2 = shit because of the 480i on the 65" screen.

Thought about getting an xBox 360 for my upscaling DVD & 1080i gaming needs... but found out it only played back DVD's at 480p.

This wouldn't do... so I found a Samsung DVD player with 720p/1080i upscale with HDMI out for 99 bucks. Saw Being John Malkovich on it and thought it looked pretty good.

I'm not going to kid you... it's not as dope as the HD content my cable box is pumping out... but it makes viewing DVD's at home a lot more enjoyable.

I'm not going to make a HD-DVD or Blueray disc plunge until that shit shakes out.

- alamo city rollie -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home