Tuesday, August 08, 2006

NBC - NFL Pre Season HD

After doing a number of chores around the house this weekend, I made it a point to clear my evening schedule to watch the first NFL Pre-Season game of the year (Raiders/Eagles) on NBC. I forget how many years its been since NBC had football... but they recently secured Sunday Night games when ABC left Monday Night Football to ESPN late last year.

NBC is producing their first HD game ever... which is sorta fitting seeing that this will be my first complete viewing of a football game in HD.

Have to say that NBC doesn't have the best HD production I've seen in recent weeks... Perhaps they're just working out all the bugs but there's been some glaring HD troubles in the first half.

For some reason the camera lens appears to reset and go out of focus from time to time.

It appears that they've taken care of the problem... The only other observation I have to make is that games shot in 16x9 are really great to watch from home. It's amazing to see a game when you can read the types of defense 2ndary coverages are being played.

If you're into football... you have to get HD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home