Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Top 5 Channels that need to go HD


Now that I've had HD for a few days... I've just realized that there's a number of channels that don't broadcast their content in HD.

The top 5 channels I'd like to get their HD shit together are (in no particular order)

CNN - Admittedly... i don't watch much of CNN outside of the occasional Cooper Anderson 360... but its a 2 hour show that I would love to see in 16x9.

MTV - I honestly couldn't tell you what MTV is programing these days... but if it were in HD, I'd watch the 15th Real World.

Comedy Central - It's an injustice that both the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are not in HD. WTF?

Bravo - Ok... I'm a closet BRAVO junkie. Project Runway season 3 should be in High Def.

MSNBC - If there's an hour I really try to block out for myself daily... its 7-8 so that I can see the Countdown on MSNBC...

Come to think of it... all News channels should be in HD.

*Update*

It just occurred to me that PBS (yes... you read that correctly) is in HD... yet a channel like TBS or WGN don't syndicate their HD content. While I don't care for the programing of TBS or WGN - Cub and Braves games in HD wouldn't suck..

Also - TBS shows College Football Games from time to time and that would be hella cool.

Speaking of hella cool... the Weather channel in HD would be epic.

- rollie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home