Monday, March 12, 2007

Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame - 2007 Inductees


It's half past 10 and I'm still on the couch watching the 2007 Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
VH1 Classic got the rights to broadcast the ceremony for the first time, LIVE and in its entirety.

I'm always a little torn when it comes to the RRHF ceremonies... I love to see artists who haven't reunited in a number of years - perform together on one night to recognize their contributions to music.

it upsets me to no end when original members refuse to appear together for one evening or when they opt to not appear in person because they're punker than thou.

This years Class is one of the most memorable in recent memory.

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
R.E.M.
The Ronettes
Patti Smith
Van Halen

Were all asked to join.

Of them all I look most forward to seeing R.E.M. get in this evening... The reasons for that are many. In short, they're one of the most influential artists of my lifetime.

I don't know what songs they'll perform this evening... I'm really hoping that they play these.

Harborcoat
WeWalk
These Days
Driver 8
End of the World as we know it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home