Tuesday, March 18, 2008

back in texas.

Don't know what it is about not having time to post to the blog when
I'm at home. You'd think that I'd post with more frequency, with
being able to post from the comfort of home.

The past 3 days have been a bit of a blur. After touching down in
Texas on Friday night, my plans to attend SXSW were changed due to my
parents electing to stick around for a few extra days in San Antonio.

A decision I was more than welcome to accommodate. It gave me a
chance to stay in town and catch a show by the Aggrolites that I
wanted to attend with a friend here in San Antonio.

The show was nothing short of awesome. The turnout was great. The
mixture of people : skins, punks, indie kids really surprised me.
The bill sorta had something for everyone tho'. I showed up when
Channel One (SKA band from San Antonio) hopped on stage to start
their set. Their musicianship was quite high and they had a number
of songs I really enjoyed drinking brews to.

The second band was a Punk band that goes by Flatfoot 56. They
played with an insane amount of energy and a throng of supporters
danced throughout their entire set.

The Aggrolites delivered the goods at the end of the night. My
favorite moment came towards the end of the set where they teased the
crowd with some Motown songs by the Temptations.

I can't recall the last time I attended a show where almost everyone
in attendance danced their ass off. I think it may have been a
Dismemberment Plan show in Detroit.

Anyhoo... good times.

.alamo city rollie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home