Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hymies Vintage Records

Playing a little catch up here... I should have posted this review yesterday but time didn't permit.

During my lunch break yesterday, I had an opportunity to visit Hymies Vintage Record store in Minneapolis - located on the corner of 33rd and E. Lake dr.

The store was recommended to me by a person I'm training in St. Paul. She'd never been to the store but she had heard that they had some pretty choice vinyl. I don't collect to much vinyl these days... but I'm always up for looking so I went out in hopes of possibly finding an illusive 7" or LP.

The exterior of the building is very different from any of the record stores I've been to in Minnesota so I took a number of shots. Come to think of it... a lot of the record stores I've been to in the twin cities have had some really interesting spaces.

After opening the front door, visitors make their way up sort staircase that turns slightly to the right into a 2nd floor that is filled to the gills with Vinyl. Walls are adorned with posters, records and music memorabilia.

I spent about 20 minutes inside and I couldn't absorb everything that was going on around me. 20 minutes wouldn't allow a first time visitor to appreciate the classic turn tables and technology in the store. A visitor needs a solid hour to properly go through a genre of music. I hit up the international/latin records in hopes of finding an album by Eduardo Davis - but I had no success. :(

Anyhoo - the store was ACE. Highly recommend it for those who like to pick up albums on vinyl. They don't cater very well to indie or imports. Lots of classic rock tho'. I was hoping to pick up a Replacement album for shits n' giggles but they didn't have any.

Go figure.

.twin city rollie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home