Friday, March 21, 2008

the New Ides of March is on the 20th

Ok... like many of you out there, I look hella-forward to March
Madness (college Basketball) every year because I live for the
opportunity to let all my co-workers know how much more I know about
College Basketball than they do.

So lets flashback to Tuesday - the 18th of March. Co-Workers gather
at my desk and they start asking me who I think can go... so I
look up and I tell them. I'm going to wait until I hear what Bob
Ryan (of the Boston Globe) has to say.

Bob Ryan has a weekly call on the Tony Kornhiser show and as far as
I'm concerned - he's one of the best assessors of College Basketball
talent in the country.

www.thiswebsitestinks.com

- has been keeping tallies on Guest
brackets (on the TK show) so I decided to go there for his picks
instead of navigating through the Boston Globe site.


this was a mistake on my part.

I should know better than to go with what a Writer says on radio.
It's easy for these guys to go on radio and sound ballsy... but if
you don't check what they commit to in print - then it doesn't matter
what they say on a local radio show that gets podcasted to the net.


So... i decided to go with the radio picks and Mr. Bob "wanna be a
bad ass on radio" Ryan gets me 11 of 5 games right and I lost out on
a sweet sixteen team. (thank you very little OJ Mayo)

To make matters worse - I have a co-worker who went to the Boston
Globe website and he USED Bob Ryan's newspaper PICKS!!! Is there
no honor among thieves?

The new Ides of March is on the 20th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home