Monday, May 05, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl

so i got around to watching Lars and the Real Girl last night... not sure If I enjoyed the movie or not as a whole. I found myself sitting all the way through it because of the character exploration.

A few years ago, i attended a Cake walk at a local elementary school. While there I noticed that a lady was caring for a plastic baby doll. And by caring I mean... not playing along like it was real for some little kids around her. but she was clinging on to it like it was a real baby.

I made sure not to stare or call any more attention to it... but the experience sorta stuck with me.

this movie sorta touches on that and how people experience incredible loss in life and they need these things to break out of whatever social coma their in.


anyhoo... I'd recommend it if you're up for a movie that will undoubtedly make you think about things you normally wouldn't.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home